Saturday, November 1, 2008

GoBAMA!!

Well, its down to three more days until the election… In my 40 years, I can honestly say I can’t recall an election that was more eagerly anticipated, that I felt more connected to, and that was more important. Judging from the reports on early voter turnout (and the news video of people waiting several hours in line) I am obviously not in the minority… I wont miss the mudslinging and fear-mongering that is coming from the Repubs… The character attacks on Obama, the fake speculation on his background and his associations, and pushing his lack of experience in the face of John McCain, his Bush similarities, and the horrific stunt-casting of Sarah Palin that (thankfully) seems to be his undoing ALL have made these past few months so wearing. The upside to this, of course, is that it is mobilizing seemingly everyone to get out and vote. We can only hope that we will actually have a new President-Elect by Tuesday night. I cant imagine another “close” race that demands recounts and general shadiness. Here’s hoping for an Obama landslide…

No comments: