Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fred Reveals All (and forgets its going to press...)



Just got into work, and was greeted by the new issue of the Beacon Hill Times-- Very nice feature story written about me; sort of a "Where Is He Now?" story covering the year-plus since I closed up shop. Lots of good info imparted here, and a nice plug for this blog.
Tucked into the middle of the article is the paragraph that the headline of this blog entry references:

"He turned 40, got a tattoo, tried dying his hair black again, took up listening to country music, started writing a novel- a psychological thriller- and eventually began selling real estate..."

It reads kind of like "Fred closes his shop, dabbles in cliched rituals of the newly middle-aged, and eventually finds himself"

Ah, well, we all like a good tale of redemption!


I knew that the hair-dye thing wasn't fooling anyone, and I totally get how the tattoo translates when I read it... 40 isn't/wasn't a bad thing (although THAT secret is now out/ Ha!), but 41 next month is sounding better and better...

It will be cool if this gets the blog a bit more exposure, since for the most part Im pretty much just writing it for myself. When I do hear from people it always catches me off guard and its pretty gratifying.

So Thanks, Beacon Hill Times (and writer Sandra Miller!) for the nice write-up! Something to add to the scrapbook...

No comments: