Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ending 2009 with a cough and a sneeze...


One more full day of 2008, and (like lots of previous years!) its marked by "cold and flu-like symptoms"... Greg has an upper-respiratory infection, discovered after a trip to the emergency room Sunday, and is dosed up on inhalers and Prednisone... I'm not as bad, but have the next few days off to get back on track. In the meantime, I have been catching up on all the books I have been putting off for one reason or another... Fave authors like Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, Jeffery Deaver, and Sandra Brown all have new books out that I never got around to over the last six months, and some Christmas money came in handy to scoop them all up (Used) on Amazon.com (The BEST way to buy hardbacks, as they can often be snagged for $2-$3). So in just a few sittings, I banged out the latest Stephanie Plum book (FEARLESS FOURTEEN), 7TH HEAVEN (Patterson's latest installment in HIS numbered series), THE BODIES LEFT BEHIND (Jeffery Deaver's latest stand-alone), YOUR HEART BELONGS TO ME (Dean Koontz's latest), and have just started THE BROKEN WINDOW, Deaver's latest Lincoln Rhyme thriller...
So I have been keeping plenty busy non the book front.
DVD-wise, I snagged a few box sets. My love of 80s horror is covered with the 8-disc NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET series, and my classic film fix was satisfied with the 6-disc THIN MAN series. Screwball comedy meets sophisticated mystery with these films, the first installment based on the novel by Dashiell Hammett. Myrna Loy and William Powell were the ORIGINAL Jonathan and Jennifer Hart (Hows THAT for Tuesday Night/ ABC-TV 1970s flashback?), in these martini-soaked mysteries set in the fabulous Deco 30s and 40s...
Continuing to fill up my iPod (a new external hard drive was required to hold all that music!), as pretty much everything I own is now on my laptop. Those free/cheap Russian download sites have been awesome, too! I think I own everything now!
That pretty much covers the end of the year hijinks on my end. Not exciting, but no complaints.
Glad to see 2008 almost behind me, a crap year (on every level) I can objectively state. Here's to a better 2009!

No comments: