Tuesday, December 9, 2008

'tis the Season...


As we head into the throes of the winter (yes, that is just around the corner), it’s a nice time to reflect on the past year as part of a thriving business here on Beacon Hill. I started here at Marston Voss a year ago this past Fall, and so much has happened over the course of the ensuing sixteen months. I have met and worked with some incredible people, learned invaluable lessons both about both real estate and working in an office environment in general, and got to see another year come and go in my favorite place on earth, Beacon Hill.

Although I unfortunately have been a commuter these past two years, I love the neighborhood where I have been fortunate to both work and live over the course of nearly twenty years. It still feels like home to me, and it always will (despite that pesky Quincy zipcode I have had of late…). It’s a thrill to introduce potential new residents to this wonderful enclave, and love hearing feedback from clients I have placed here. It is truly a very special and unique place!

As the new year approaches, we can’t help but notice that although the trees that line our streets may now be bare, the wonderful old oil lamps are now decoratively wrapped in garland and bows, and the storefronts are festively decked out for the holidays as well. Because this office is located at the corner of Charles and Revere Streets, we are very lucky to have a front row seat to the holiday magic that transforms this picturesque community into a real slice of holiday Americana. Carolers dressed in the garb of a century ago emphasize the timelessness that is so apparent this time of year, and we are happy observers as well as participants during this one time of year that seems to unite everyone.

I would personally like to extend my own warmest holiday greetings to the residents of Beacon Hill, both new and old, as well as those yet to be. Beacon Hill is truly unique; a “small town” in a big city, unlike any other place I’ve known. Thank you for being such wonderful neighbors, as well as clients. Marston-Voss prides itself on being a thriving and integral part of this community, and on behalf of the office and my co-workers, we wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and ultimately a wonderful and rewarding 2009.

No comments: