Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2 Great Thrillers...



Just banged out my first James Grippando novel- a fantastic thriller that moves faster than anything Ive read in the last few months- "Under Cover of Darkness", and while I finished that one I started the latest by John Lutz: "Night Kills". Lutz is consistent and reliable, and his books fall into the Must Read category for me. Been playing catch-up with his paperbacks over the past several months. I have two Grippando books on deck, so my Commuter Reading is all set through April... Finally caught up with BODY OF LIES on DVD, the Netflix envelope had been sitting on the TV for five weeks and counting. Liked it alot/ A military intelligence thriller that really drives home the difference between giving the orders vs. carrying them out; how it feels to viscerally be in the danger as opposed to being the brains of the operation thousands of miles away, giving direction while caught up in the mundane (feigning interest at a child's sporting event, or engaged in potty training...). The first time I have seen Leonardo DiCaprio in a role where I believed that he wasn't on his way to a prom. His best role yet.

No comments: